Summary of the family of
Edward Folker of Paddington
|Descendant chart||Descendants names||Primary family groups|
Edward Folker was found from the certificate of marriage of his son Charles Henry to in 1872. Nothing else about his life is known at present.
His son Charles Henry was born in Paddington, Middlesex about 1843 according to the census of 1881 which shows him aged 38 and employed as a shearer at a forge. He married Ruth Bodley (née Cable) in 1872.
They had five children, all born in Monmouthshire. Ruth was the daughter of James Cable and Marietta Hand, being born in Frome, Somerset in 1837. She had been married twice before, having children by each marriage.
The children of Charles and Ruth were :
- Charles Henry born in Pontypool about 1872
- Elizabeth Ann born in Pontypool in 1875, and who married Joseph Jenkins in 1894.
- Esther Ann born in Pontypool in 1876.
- Amelia Sarah Ann born in Pontypool in 1877.
- Albert Walter born in Pontypool in 1879.
After the entries in the 1881 census, no members of this family have not been found, even under any variation od surname or in emigration records.
|Top of page|